THE AMERICAN ONLINE SCHOOL
HOME > SCHOOLING PROGRAMS > THE AMERICAN ONLINE SCHOOL
About Our Online School
Our Online School offers rich, challenging, and engaging online content. We offer live and recorded classes with the help of our certified online teachers. Our school offers rich, challenging, and engaging online content. We offer live and recorded teaching sessions with the help of our certified, highly qualified teachers.
Students utilize our online curriculum, the Accel Management Platform (AMP) for Education. iCademy Middle East is aligned with Ohio and Common Core State Standards.
An Individualized Learning Plan is tailored for each student to ensure a customized program that fits the student’s unique strengths, weaknesses, learning styles and aptitudes. A learning coach is provided for students who study in the Learning Center. This certified teacher facilitates progress through daily lessons in the K–8 environment and plays a supportive role to help the student stay on task through grades 9-12.
Cutting-edge technology enables individualized learning to happen anytime, anywhere. The online school provides daily lesson plans, as well as delivering announcements, online discussions, and communication and support tools to tie the experience together.
iCademy Middle East offers virtual clubs available to all students, as well as social activities on a bimonthly basis in the UAE.
iCademy Middle East is a a high-tech, American curriculum school for students from KG through Grade 12. Our school’s distinctive character is the provision of a rigorous education that is supported by a proven digital platform, which enhances the student experience.
The Learning Management System provides our teachers and students with powerful classroom content, well-organized to support personalized learning. Our comprehensive online curriculum provides students with the opportunity to pursue their learning, anytime and anywhere.
Research into the provision of our platform in the US has shown it benefits students who are:
- Gifted and talented and require timetable flexibility
- Advanced students who outstretch their peers academically
- Those requiring additional support
- Students who respond well to learning outside the traditional environment
- Those who move regularly and for whom bricks and mortar schools are not appropriate (military families for instance)
- Those who cannot get a place in a bricks and mortar school and/or are on waiting lists
- Those who are not being challenged enough at school
- Expat students living in the GCC without access to high-quality bricks and mortar school
How Online Learning Works
Students enrolled in our program receive a quality, individualized education experience online. Study with us from anywhere at anytime, wherever you are in the world.
What our online school offers:
- Online lessons, interactive activities, and teacher led virtual classroom sessions
- Digital interactive curriculum
- Texbooks* incorporated into the online platform
- Wide variety of assessment tools
- AP / Honors Courses available for High School
- Communication with teachers online or by phone
- Guidance from a dedicated Homeroom Teacher / Academic Advisor to ensure students are making progress and are on track with their studies
- Planned students activities and parent support as needed
Students are expected to complete their course work in accordance with the class calendar.
*Materials purchase may be required; list will be provided by Academic Coach/Advisor or Homeroom Teacher.
Our Online Curriculum: How it Works (Sample Lesson, Algebra 1)
Study From Home & Parent's Role in Online Schooling
Students studying from home require their parent (or another responsible adult) to serve as the ‘learning coach’, The learning coach works in conjunction with the teacher, helping facilitate progress through the daily lessons and working to modify the pace and schedule according to the child’s needs. The learning coach assists the student as well to stay on schedule, monitors attendance, and communicates with the online teachers.
Although parents play the role of learning coach for their students in managing the schedule and ensuring the student is completing work at a reasonable pace, teachers remain constantly involved to monitor progress, ensure mastery, and develop specific intervention plans when a child is studying.
Average Time Required Per Day by Student & Parent Learning Coach
Click here for a handy chart to give you an overview of the roles and responsibilities for each person involved in your student’s individualized education