iCademy Middle East is a a high-tech, co-educational, American curriculum school for students from KG through to Grade 12. Our school’s distinctive character is the provision of a rigorous education that is supported by a proven digital platform, which enhances the student experience.
The advantage of the digital platform, which contains full courses for Grades K-12, is that it can serve students inside the school and outside, 24/7 and according to need. Within the school, the resources provide the teacher with powerful classroom content, well-organised to support personalised learning. The content is provided by K12 Inc, a leading provider of education for schools in the US and around the world. The curriculum is aligned to Virginia State standards as well as the US Common Core standards. Beyond the school, the fully-curated resources provide students with the opportunity to pursue their learning, anytime and anywhere.
Research into the provision of our platform in the US has shown it benefits students who are:
- Gifted and talented
- Advanced learners
- Those with learning difficulties, special needs or medical needs
- Individuals who suffer from social anxiety
- Those requiring added support
- Students who like the ability to study from home or in various locations
- Those who do not settle into a tradition ‘brick and mortar’ school
- Those who are not challenged enough at school
- Children who have been excluded from school
- Children who are aspiring professional athletes or those in the performing arts
- Students from families with a military background
- Expatriate children